November 4, 2021
Our pastry chef always likes to share one or two recipes a season, even if they don’t include our yummy gourmet cookies. Here’s one from our 2019 Summer catalog.
For the Cake
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 cups granulated sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 3 large eggs • 1 cup vegetable oil
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple
• 2 cups mashed banana
(about 3 bananas)
• 1 cup roasted pecans, roughly chopped
For the Glaze
• 1 ¼ cups confectioner’s sugar
• 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
• 1 tablespoon melted butter
• 1-2 tablespoons milk
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Fold in all the wet ingredients, mixing
the pecans in last.
- Pour the batter into a buttered and
floured bundt pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a
toothpick inserted into the center of the
cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes in the pan
before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- For the glaze, melt the butter with the
corn syrup. Sift in the confectioner’s
sugar, and stir in the vanilla and milk.
Add more milk or sugar to adjust the
consistency as desired.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake
and decorate as desired.